- The Project aims to create a Swiss-Bulgarian institutional partnership between the Swiss Association for Therapeutic Riding PT – CH SV_HRP and the Ruse Equestrian and Horse Breeding Club the basis of which is the transfer in Bulgaria of innovative, Swiss model in social sphere. The Project partners planed a pilot implementation within the Municipality of Ruse – Bulgaria, of Horse assisted therapy method based on developed and successfully applied Swiss methodology. Specific effective measures and real social and economic integration apply through the transfer of Swiss expertise in the implementation of a new kind of social service for people with disabilities, by which real socio-economic inclusion is achieved.
- Four instructors from Ruse Equestrian and Horse Breeding Club are trained how to plan and implement safe and effective therapeutic lessons.
- Thus the Bulgarian partner is assisted in solving a challenge, which will bring benefits to a wide range of people with disabilities.
- Adoption of new methods of performing therapeutic riding at a professional level not only benefits the development of the Club, there is a direct link to socialization and social integration of children with special needs, of children with disabilities, marginalized for one reason or another, they are provided with sustainable solutions for inclusion in public life, according to their abilities. The joint initiative between the partners meets the outlined acute need of special social services for this social groupunder the Strategy for development of social services in the Region of Ruse 2010 – 2015 developed with the assistance of UNICEF.
- The projectpilotedan innovative model of social service, according to the specified priority target groups for the provision of social services at the municipal level, thus helping to solve specific development problems, to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the system of social services and the use of the institutional partnership within the framework of the Bulgarian-Swiss Cooperation Programme.
- The partnership between the Ruse Equestrian and Horse Breeding Club and the Swiss Association for therapeutic riding PT – CH SV_HPR marks the beginning of cooperation in the field of social sphere, but the project aims establishing a strong foundation of partnership in other directions and areas by including the Ruse Equestrian and Horse Breeding Club as an associate member of the Swiss Association of Therapeutic Riding PT – CH SV_HPR.
- Specific problems expected to be solved on the basis of the developed project concept are as follows:
- Mastering of the Swiss model of application of horse assisted therapy;
- Promoting a new type of service, developed based on the Swiss model;
- Create access to alternative therapeutic methods that meet the needs of children with disabilities in the region of Ruse;
- Involvement of effective policies to new and innovative social services, according to the specifiedpriority target groups.
The core project activities include:
- Create an institutional partnership between Ruse Equestrian and Horse Breeding Club and the Pferdegestützte T erapie Schweiz “PT-CH (Horse Assisted Therapy Switzerland);
- Create conditions at the Equestrian Club for the training and pilot Swiss model application – the indoor arena /manege/ is built with size of 25m x 60m;
- Training in Horse Assisted Therapy and pilot implementation of the Swiss model;
- Forum for the promotion of the Swiss model.
PROJECT OBJECTIVES AND IMPACT
- To create an institutional partnership between the Swiss Association for Therapeutic Riding PT – CH (CH) and the Ruse Equestrian and Horse Breeding Club;
- To transfer from the Swiss partner institution in Bulgaria innovative approaches and methodology of Horse Assisted Therapy and to create access to alternative social services for children and youth with disabilities;
- To involve local partners from different levels of interaction – municipal and regional administration, parent organizations of disabled children, school boards, , to develop effective policies of new and innovative social services, according to the specified priority target groups on the basis of innovative service for the horse therapy.
The overall objective of the Project is to create a Swiss-Bulgarian institutional partnership for the implementation of an innovative model of social policy which will help to solve specific development problems, to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the system of social services for children and youth with disabilities in the Municipality of Ruse, for their personal development.
The overall objective is going to be achieved through the transfer of Swiss partner institution innovative service model in Bulgaria such as the “Horse Assisted Therapy” in addressing specific social issues of children and young people with physical and mental disabilities.
Effects of Project specific objectives achieved are as follows:
- A partnership between the Bulgarian and Swiss organization;
- Transfer of knowledge from Swiss partner organization in support of the Bulgarian partner in the social sphere;
- Implemented innovative approach to horse assisted therapy as a method of social inclusion of disadvantaged children in society according to their abilities taking the utmost account of their needs;
- Diversification of social services;
- Advantage of Swiss added value in diversifying the services offered to children/young people with physical and mental disabilities, placed more or less in disadvantaged position;
- Strengthening the impact and perception of the influence of civil structures in Bulgarian society, such as the level of confidence in public institutions;
- Development of effective policies to new and innovative social services, according to the specified priority target groups.
Executing agency: RUSE EQUESTRIAN AND HORSE BREEDING CLUB
Address: 7000 Ruse, 5, Pirot Str., 2 fl.;
Tel: +359 888 33 24 24; +359 888 14 79 76;
Fax: +359(0) 82 823 238;
Project manager: Stoyanka Yordanova