Through the project "Lend a Hand - Mobile Teams for Community Support of Children and Families“ we are trying to reach people in small, isolated and remote settlements where there are no social and basic services. With setting up of four mobile teams, covering 8 municipalities, we provide social, educational and psychological support to the most deprived children and families. We help parents to improve the environment where the children live. We provide opportunities for children to meet other children, to communicate, play, to attend in kindergarten and school, to have access to specialist help when they need. All of this could be happen by mobilizing the resources of the local community, creating a network of volunteers and the development and approbation of standard mobile social service.
The aims of the implementation of the project are:
- Capacity development of the community and SOS Children’s Villages Bulgaria for providing of high quality’s social services;
- activation of the resources in the local community and mobilization of civil support;
- Raising the awareness and knowledge of the professionals working with children and families at risk regarding the mobile work in the community;
- Providing access to social services for children and families at risk in the small settlements in 8 municipalities in Bulgaria through the operation of 4 mobile teams;
- Improving the family environment of the children from 8 municipalities and increasing the parental capacity of their children;
- Developing a proposal for a Standard for provision of the social service "Mobile social service for children and families at risk"
+359 2 8 184 935