In recent years, in connection with the reforms concerning the children care, deinstitutionalization and the establishment of alternative community services in the country and particularly in Razgrad, a lot of new social services for children and families were created. Preparing Regional strategies for development of the social services contributed to the planning and the distribution of these services even in the small towns and villages. The main difficulty and obstacle in the realization of the objectives and the activities of the strategies was the lack of well trained and experienced staff for developing and improving the quality of majority of present and future social services in the region. The process of deinstitutionalization and establishing new alternative services for children deprived of parental care require new type of specialists who are capable of providing services in a family environment. In addition, the work in the different children services – Community support centers, Rehabilitation centers, Family-Centers, specialized institutions, foster care, personal and social assistants and others, demands different, specific proficiencies and training, which the higher education institutions can’t provide.
- One of the main objectives of the strategic planning is the improvement of the competencies of the occupied specialists in the region by establishing of a Resource center providing training, methodological support, supervision, aid in drafting procedures and other relevant activities;
- A Regional Resource Center, giving professional support to the teams, providing social services for children and families in Razgrad district will be established and it will take part in the formation of the local policies in the sphere of social services for children and families.
- The team of the association will be able to provide trainings and supervisions;
- Round tables in all municipalities will be organized to discuss how to improve the quality of the social services;
- The project team will carry out a survey among the social services providers for the need of the teams to improve their qualification;
- Training programmes will be prepared in order to improve the quality of the social services;
- Employees in the social sphere and specialists, working for the local government and NGO sector, will be trained;
- The Resource Center will strengthen its position as a teaching authority in the field of the social services in the region;
- The Resource Center will develop professional expertise in the social sphere at the local level as it will continue to provide trainings and supervisions.
The Resource center for enhancing the capacity of the teams providing social services for children and families shall be established with intent to accomplish the objectives of priority axis 4: Improvement of the human resources in Razgrad district for the period 2011-2015. The capacity of specialists, working with children and families on the territory of Razgrad district, will be taken into consideration in its role as local resource, valued factor in the elaboration of Municipal development plans in the sphere of social services for children and families for the current programming period 2014-2020 of Structural funds of the European Union.
The core activities of the project included:
- Carrying out a survey for the need of trainings and qualification among all social services providers in Razgrad district;
- Round tables discussions at the seven municipalities in Razgrad district;
- Training of association’s specialists;
- Developing methods for trainings and programmes for supervision to the Regional resource center and developing model for tender documentations for social services by the municipalities;
- Trainings and supervision to the teams providing social services;
- Trainings for enhancing local capacity and policy making for providing community social services.
OBJECTIVES / OUTCOMES AND IMPACT
- Disclosure of Resource Center for Social Services for Children and Families in Razgrad district;
- Developing capacity of the association as a training institution;
- Enhancing the knowledge and skills of the occupied in the social sphere in the region;
- Enhancing the capacity of the municipalities to tender social services;
- Activating NGOs to govern social services.
Overall objective (impact) is going to be achieved:
Enhancing the quality of the social services for children and families in Razgrad district through:
- Enhancing the quality of the social resources for children and families in Razgrad district by disclosure of Resource center for trainings and
- Strengthening the capacity of the organizations and institutions, working in the social sphere.
Executing agency: “Woman Alliance for Independence, Ethnical Tolerance and Association” NGO
Address: Razgrad, 4, “Bulgaria“ Blvd.
Project manager: Graciela Rankova