- Expert analyst from the organization reviewed the annual reports of the social services managed by IGA. Based on this study, the expert prepared a questionnaire for managers and teams providing social services. Information on all aspects that need improvement was summarized and analyzed. A report with conclusions about the necessary and possible improvements in the provision of social services was prepared. Thus the process of provision of social services by Fund - IGA was studied in detail with focus on issues that are not covered entirely by the formal methodologiess: outreach to customers in remote areas or closed communities, and methods for quality monitoring and supervision, financial management and requirements related to the human resources.
- On the basis of the report three training programswere developed, then trainings were conducted according to the project framework:
- A two-day training for 18 social workers and psychologists providing social services with a focus on the practices of social workers for outreach in remote areas and closed (ethnic) communities;
- A two-day training with 9 participants - heads of social services - on issues related to the management and human resources management, team building, supervision, etc.;
- A two-day training for 9 people, heads of Social Services (financial officers) on financial management and service management.
- A review of the types and content of the information collected in the course of providing services and the factors that cause the risks associated with these groups was conducted and a report on the data related to the provision of social services.
A comprehensive system of indicators and data to be monitored was developed. Emphasis was placed on indicators related to more complex issues to allow for devising an approach to solving these.
- The experts prepared a training program and held a two-day training of staff from social services to gather information and monitor performance. Emphasis was placed on presenting the philosophy and theory of the performance system in order to interpret the staff work into research and lessons learned in practice from the individual cases.
- The process of building of each of the social services networking and systemic partners was studied. Emphasis was placed on the scope of any network, its members and their importance, frequency of contact, timeliness of communication and response - through questionnaires to employees, study of the reports and documentation of the social services. A report with conclusions and recommendations on how to improve the networking was prepared.
- One-day workshops brought together the network and systemic partners in the each place where the social services of Fund - IGA are functioning. The results of the study of the networking and partnerships were presented. A discussion on overcoming problems and improving cooperation also took place. All meetings were recorded in minutes.
To improve the capacity of Fund - IGA to provide social services to persons from vulnerable groups.
- To improve the ability to partner on individual cases with the network and the systemic partners
- To improve the organization's ability to maintain a high quality of service provision in different regions;
- To improve the potential of the organization for further development of its services
Crime Prevention Fund – IGA
8, Al. Stamboliiski Blvd.
034/ 44 23 89; 0895 419 048